Join our e-mail list for the latest about kitchen design news.
65 Years of Kitchen Design in the Kansas City Area
In 1946 our founder, Merle Kleweno had a radical idea—a kitchen could be more than just a place to prepare meals. More than 65 years later, we continue to raise the bar for kitchen design excellence, superior kitchen cabinets and appliances, and “no excuses” service.
You Can Count on Us
While many other kitchen design studios have come and gone, Kitchens By Kleweno is still here to stand behind every kitchen we’ve designed since 1946. In fact, our warranty is longer than most others have been in business!
Kleweno Through The Years
- 1960s: Advocated “living kitchen” concept
- 1970s: Introduced country French kitchens to the United States
- 1980s: Brought European contemporary kitchen cabinets and design to the Midwest
- 1990s: Championed “unfitted” and “floating” kitchen cabinets and design
- 2000s: Introduced artistic approach for concealing kitchen appliances - combining exceptional design with perfect function
- Real estate advertisements feature Kleweno kitchens as a home’s key selling point.
- Cabinetry manufacturers use Kleweno’s exclusive kitchen designs as covers for their sales brochures and websites.
- Kleweno kitchens have graced almost half of the Kansas City Symphony Alliance’s Designer Show Houses for more than 40 years.
- Kleweno helped launch the Vanderslice Kitchen Tour in 1965—an event that continues to benefit the Kansas City Art Institute.